Notice to Internet Explorer users
Please note Internet Explorer users with versions 9 and 10 now need to enable TLS 1.1 and 1.2 encrytion protocols in order to access the secure sections of our site, including checkout and account access. Windows users should also consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, or switching to Firefox or Chrome.
Instructions for Enabling TLS 1.1 and 1.2 in Internet Explorer versions 9 and 10.
1) On the Internet Explorer Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2) In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
3) In the Security category towards the bottom, check "Use TLS 1.1" and "Use TLS 1.2".
4) Click OK.
5) Exit and restart Internet Explorer.
Weidenfeld and Nicolson hardcover
When you leave Ireland aged 22 to spend your parents’ money, it’s called a gap year. When Ava leaves Ireland aged 22 to make her own money, she’s not sure what to call it, but it involves:
– a badly-paid job in Hong Kong, teaching English grammar to rich children;
– Julian, who likes to spend money on Ava and lets her move into his guest room;
– Edith, who Ava meets while Julian is out of town and actually listens to her when she talks;
– money, love, cynicism, unspoken feelings and unlikely connections.
Exciting times ensue.